This year the family camp out was held a Cherry Hill Campground and Waterpark in North Salt Lake. Most of you know that I would of been happy just about anywhere as long as I got to be with my nieces and nephews. It started friday night with delicious cafe rio style burritos that Julie brought up, then we all went over to the waterpark where there was a free concert. It was just a very relaxing night.
Then saturday we woke up to eggs and pancakes that Andrea and Mike made. Andrea made this coconut syrup for the pancakes that was super yummy. After just hanging out for the morning, playing games and chatting we went to the waterpark. Then the real fun began. They had this slide that was kinda like a white water rafting ride... you slide up on the sides, it had wading pools, waterfalls, and tons of bumps. You were allowed to go four at a time so naturally, the godfrey family made each run down into a race. At first we had the rule that you couldn't stand up... you had to stay in your tube. That was hard cause at some points in the wading pool you had to get yourself over to the drop off. We did that a few times... and I have to admit it was way fun.
At the park there was also a large pool, kids pool, lazy river and on the opposite side of the park there were two more slides. After competing on the raft slide, Jeremy had the idea of doing a triathalon. GENIOUS! Except this time, the rule was that there were NO RULES. We were to go down the raft slide, do one lap around the lazy river, then run to the opposite side of the park and go down the other slide. Firt person at the bottom of the last slide, wins. WELL- let me tell you that us Godfrey's don't play nice when there is a competition at foot. There was bumping, pushing, scratching, kicking, jumping, shoving, and more.... some of which not only to each other but to some of the innocent bystanders. Imagine seven Godfreys- most of which are former lifeguards- sprinting across a waterpark. IT WAS SO FUN! I will say that the Weiss family gets credit for most creative- while we were in the lazy river jeremy tried putting an innertube around my head to hold me back, and when I was getting out of the lazy river Julie pulled my bathing suit bottom down and I muned the family reunion behind us.
So the winner of the triathlon is debateable. The rule was NO RULES, right? Well on the sprint to the slides from the lazy river, Mike, Jeremy and Casey pulled in the lead. Right behind them was Julie and I. Mike, jer and Casey were polite enough to get in line. Julie and I, however- we went straight to the beginning of the line and asked the people if we could cut cause we were in a race. Tecnically the first person at the bottom of the last slide was Julie. Mike, Jer and KC say that we are disqualified because we cheated - I think they were upset they didn't think to cut in line themselves. Between the three, Mike's foot crossed the bottom of the slide first. Regardless- it was way fun.

This is what happens if you are under the age of four and you try to mess with KC: leg hold and arm hold. SO ADORABLE!






The boys were playing catch with the football by jumping off of the picnic table, Michele and I decided to try and get some cool shots:
Casey

Rich

Mike

Jeremy



SUPER SWIMMERS!




you totally are the queen!! chase and livia and cupcakes of sunshine in these pics!!!
ReplyDelete