The first time I did it it was just too much food for just Casey and I. It worked out nicely that for the last couple months I have been splitting it each week with my friend Hayley. By doing bountiful baskets I have totaly cut our food bill. I was going to costco and paying about 40 every two weeks for produce. I would normally get a thing of apples, a thing of another fruit, a bag of snap peas, a bag of mini cucumbers, a bag of mini peppers. At costco... that adds up. And oftentimes we wouldn't get thru the produce before it went bad so I would have to throw some of it away.
Bountiful Baskets has been perfect. After splitting it with the Castle's, it comes out to be about 8 dollars a week. You get a small number of many different things. The quality of the produce has been great and there have only been a few wierd things that we've gotten (weird to me= raddishes, artichokes, rubbarb). So now I really only need to go to Costco for Chicken and a few other things... which means we are spending WAY LESS on food :)
Here is a picture of HALF of a Bountiful Basket. And this week's basket was slim compared to what it normally is.
artichokes
apples
watermelon
peaches
pears
pepper
mini peppers
lettuces
spinach
bananas
tomatoes
onions
mmm rhubarb!!! mix it with strawberries and you will love it!!! jams, pies, etc etc! i'm sure your mom has a few recipies! It is literally a weed in Canada, people have to give it away because it grows everywhere.
ReplyDelete