
Then the next week I wanted to make something that Casey would like too. For those of you who don't know Casey is the kind of person that will pretty much eat anything... except lasagna. He loathes it. Apparently he got fed lasagna all the time on his mission until the point to making him sick. He says he would rather eat a cow pie before he'll take another bite of lasagna as long as he lives. However, he does like alfredo sause. So... without even coming close to the word "lasagna" I told him that I made a noodle, alfreado and chicken dish.
Unfortunately, it was tasteless. I can't really figure out why... but it wasn't good- at all. We each had a small piece and then ended up throwing the rest of it away. Such a huge waste of food- but I guess that's what you get sometimes when you experiment. Needless to say- I won't be making anymore chicken aldredo lasagnas.
I have also been into making homemade whole wheat blueberry muffins. They are way yummy, and the perfect breakfast to grab on our way out the door.

Also this week I tried making enchiladas. We were both hesitant after our alfredo lasagna experience and it coming out of the oven pretty much looking the exact same. Casey even looked at the enchiladas and asked me if I thought alfredo sauce would taste good on top! Haha... can't blame him. A little bit to our surprise, the enchiladas were fabulous! Delicious actually... I made a whole plan hoping to have some leftover for work.... but we gobbled the whole pan right up! This is how I made them (sorry there are no pictures):
Mix together: 1/2 can cream of mushroom, some rice, sour cream, can of green chilis. Put some of this mixture with some cooked chicken in a tortilla and roll it up. Make about 5-6 of these and line them up in a cake pan. Layer the top with more mixture, then on top of that put a layer of cheese. Bake in the oven at 350 for about a half hour... or until cheese is melted. Trust me- you won't be disappointed!
No comments:
Post a Comment