Tuesday, August 20, 2013

10 Months

I can't believe that Easton is almost 10 months!! This has gone by so fast! I wanted to write down some things about him right now cause I know i'll forget. Here is a typical day for my little guy:

He wakes up about 6:30 - 7. Despite our efforts to wait until the very last minute at night to change his diaper, he pretty much wakes up wet every morning. Someone suggested we try to put the diaper backwards to help and we will be trying that soon... but apparently the kid pees a lot at night. Then comes one of my favorite parts of the day. We bring him back into our bed and give him his bottle. He's so happy to have it and lays there peacefully next to us drinking it. Then by the time his bottle is gone, he realises he's sitting next to dad. You can tell by the look on Easton's face that he thinks Casey is the about the coolest EVER. He starts to giggle just at the sight of him. Then as Casey and I slowly wake up to our little guy trying to play with us, we realize we really need to get out of bed and get ready for the day.

Then I take Easton to daycare. WORST part of my day. Especially now that he digs his claws into my clothes when we walk into the room and he realizes I am passing him off. I know he loves daycare and does great there when I'm not around... but the look of pure betrayal he has on his face breaks my heart everyday. Even though my milk dried up and I stopped nursing him around 9 months... I still use my lunch break to go visit him every day. All morning at work I look foward to when I can go visit him. I give him his bottle and just play with him.

When I get off work around 5, I go pick Easton up and we go home to make dinner and see Dad. Once again... Easton lights up when Casey walks in. We have had to baby proof our house because Easton is scooting all over! Everyone told me that I would hate it when Easton learned to crawl cause I would have to keep my eye on him and I would totally lose my freedom. I think the opposite has happened! Just as long as I set up my barrades to keep him confined, he can go from one end of the room to the other playing with his toys for hours!! Before he would get bored and I would have to move him or hold him... but now he can just play and play. It's been wonderful. After eating dinner and playing around for a bit... doing any activity we may have that night, we normally put Easton to bed around 7-7:30. He drinks his bottle, I swaddle him and sing him a song or two, put him in his crib and he is out.

Now I'm hesitant to put the next bit in writting and totally zinking myself... but we love how healthy of an eater Easton is! I make most of his baby food by pressure cooking vegetables together and then blending them. It seems like lately the more healthy the food is, the more Easton wants it. His last batch of baby food was mostly spinach, and he downs it! He also really likes Gerber treats which i'm sure are not healthy at all. When Easton is done eating tho... he likes to hit the spoon and food goes everywhere. That is super frustrating and I think i'm venturing into the part of parenthood where I'm gonna have to learn how to discipline. I started with screaming NO... and he thought it was funny and would do it even more. I even tried smacking his hand... he also liked that and would do it even more. Now that i've started giving him no reaction its calming down.

Easton loves to go on walks in the stroller, he loves to swim and as of recently, LOVES bike rides. I can't wait to take him on more. Whenever I tell him "I looooove youuuuuu" the way I do... he lights up before I can even get to the word love. He is also incredibly empathetic. Its like he can tell when i'm upset or excited and reacts accordingly.

I love him so much and I can't wait for many more happy moments with my wonderful family.

No comments:

Post a Comment