Monday, January 3, 2011

BYE to the C's until I see the sea.

So I feel like if I blog about this, hopefully it will hold me more accountable. Yesterday I started my "no sugar" diet again. I did this about two years ago now... I went about 6 months without eating ANY sweets. That's no cookies, cakes, cupcakes, chocolate, candy- nothing. And I LOVED IT. Not only did I feel better, but I got a thrill out of saying no to those not-so-good looking cookies that I got offered and ate just because I felt like I should because someone offered them to me, but each bite I took I could feel the calories packing on. There was only about 3 or 4 times in 6 months that there was something tempting enough to make the diet hard. The thing is, it's not normallyhard for me not to eat that kind of stuff. I am perfectly fine not eating most sweets... but unless I am mindful enough to pass it up, I eat them. My real tempation are the more salty things... like french fries. Ymm... how I love french fries ( unfortunately). So the plan is to be on this "sweets" diet until Casey and I go on a cruise. We have been wanting to since before we got married, and hopefully it will actually happen this summer. So bye bye to the C's until I see the Sea. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment