Sunday, January 6, 2013

Easton's Blessing

I feel so incredibly blessed that my son was able to be blessed today. We love him so much and want the world for him.

I wanted to write down some of the things I remember from his blessing. He was blessed that he would always seek to be close to our Savior, Jesus Christ. He was blessed to seek knowledge as much as he can, especially concerning the gospel. He was blessed to find a worthy mate and to be married in the temple for time and all eternity. He was blessed to always put our Heavenly Father first and to seek ways to help others and to spread his happy spirit.

I am so grateful for all our family that could be there. We feel so fortunate to have so much of our family all within a 40 minute drive from our house. This is probably so stupid, but before today I was super worried about our family taking people's usual spots (our ward very much has unwritten assigned seating). Well... rightfully so! I can't tell you how many puzzled faces I saw come into the chapel! During the sacrament, the priesthood had to bless more water (first time I've seen that done!) and the 2nd counselor in the bishopric had to get up and ask if everyone had gotten the sacrament.

Needless to say, Easton, you are very very loved.
The Houghton Family
The Godfrey Family

Thanks mom for the ADORABLE outfit!!







My favorite shot of the day :)
And I would put our sister picture that we have a tradition of taking... but I look way to FAT in it!!

2 comments:

  1. I love that your family gets together so much :) Two weeks and I get to meet him!! Also, that last picture is the BEST.

    ReplyDelete