Saturday, November 14, 2020

Emmett Brent Houghton



















7 lbs 8 oz

19 inches long

Born at 12:22

September 10- lost mucous plug

September 14- Monday night I had lots of contractions, Tuesday at OB appointment I measured maybe 1.5 and not very effaced...  and then contractions were pretty quiet until Saturday morning.

September 19- in the morning I was super cramping, tons of contractions and lost more mucous plug. Then by around 11 am... not much after that 

September 21- back labor all morning (3am-8am) quiet during the day, then night time tons of contractions and back labor that were getting stronger and more painful. Thought this was it, then as soon as I asked Julie to be on standby, it totally stopped 

September 22- Doc appointment, membranes stripped. Measuring 2 and 50% effaced 

September 23- Not much. Contractions here and there until middle of the night... 

So I woke up around 3 and I was having contractions. I started to walk around and they wouldn't go away. They were getting worse but I wasn't in a TON of pain yet. Some of them were every two minutes and worried that if I didn't go to the hospital, I would have this baby at home! So we called Julie and Jeremy came over, and we went to the hospital. We got there at 4:45. 

The nurse hooked me up and monitored me for while. When she came in to check me even though I was contracting A TON, she said I was barely dilated to a two. SO disappointing to hear. She said they usually don't admit people unless they are at a four. Since I was 38 weeks and I delivered my others at 38 weeks she left it up to me whether I wanted to be induced or go home. I did not want to be induced, but didn't want to go home in pain. She could ask the doctor to prescribe some pain meds that usually help relax the mom enough to start real labor. I said okay and she left the room to go do that. 

By the time she came back the contractions had gotten way worse. Each one I had to grip the bed to get through it and they were at least every 5 minutes. One look at me and she said "ya, you're not going home". She admitted me. When we got back to the room the nurse checked me again, and I was at a 4. I believe at this point they started Pitocin and I got my epidural. 

 9:30 AM Dilated to 4

10:30 AM Dilated to 5

11:10 AM Dilated to 6

I usually go real quick once I get to 6.... 

12:22 AM BABY!

Emmett is my first baby where my water did break on its own! 



No comments:

Post a Comment