Wongtongs are a huge hit in the Godfrey home and don't last long. There was one Wongtong left and in situations like this in the past it has turned into an argument. I'm so proud of my husband for thinking of a very rational alternative. wink, wink.

Sitting at the table was Michele, my mom, my dad, myself and Casey. Casey said to everyone "Okay, think of a number between one and ten and if one of you gets it, you can have the wongtong. If you don't get it... the wongtong is mine". Uh... ok KC. We all played along and needless to say- KC was thrilled when no one said 3 and he won the wongtong. Let me tell ya, I married a GENIOUS! The real funny part is after this big dilema and number guessing game... my mom came out with a whole plate of fresh wongtongs that had just finished cooking. HAHA!
On another note, this week has been pretty busy, as usual, in the Houghton home. On monday night KC and I had a soccer game, tuesday Casey had a football game, last night Casey had a basketball game and then today I have a volleyball game. I think if on friday we fit some softball in... we've covered all the bases!
Also can I just say how much I LOVE WEDESDAYS!? Normally not the favorite- I know... but it's my day off work and I love it. I slept in, took my time to wake up, cleaned my house, went to the gym, went and had lunch with Casey then went to the temple with corrine, then got to do activity days, snuck in a little bachelor pad (yes, julie... this is for you) and then got to watch my honey play ball. Not bad.
I also want to talk a little bit about what we did for activity days. I had been thinking of this idea for a while now and was so excited that the girls LOVED it. We also had all the girls there... something I don't think has happened yet!
So after my parents built thier house last summer they had quite a bit of extra wood. Some of which was some baseboard that was already painted white and had a cool shape to it. Also last summer I switched out the knobs in our kitchen with some new black ones and so I had quite a few old knobs. Ever seen those cute knobby thingys at craft stores? Well- put some cute wood and a knob together and there you go!
The knobs were pretty beat up so I was able to teach the girls a little about spraypainting and they got to try it out. They got to pick between black, silver, yellow and pink. (sidenote- silver spraypaint dries super fast... yellow- not so much.) Most of the girls are young enough that thier little index finger wasn't quite strong enough to push down on the spray so I had to help them. Almost every craft we've done with these girls they kinda surprise me cause they do things that I didn't expect and would never do myself... but they have so much fun doing it which is the whole point.

I love my calling in my ward and I am so happy go be around these loving girls! After doing this for over a year, I'm finally starting to feel like i'm getting to know them a little better.
No comments:
Post a Comment