So most orthropeadic doctors will tell you that and Ortho's December is like a tax accountant's april. And let me tell you how right that is!!!
This month we have about doubled how many surgeries we normally do. For about the last two months I have been working 50 -60 hrs a week and I am beat!! I am physically and mentally exhausted! We have no food in our fridge, my house is messy ( and if you know me- you know that drives me crazy) and I miss my husband.
Just this tuesday, I was at work from 5:45 am to 10:15 pm as an anesthesia tech.... which pretty much means I spent the day running. By the end of the day my feet were just pounding they hurt to bad. Let's just say I better have lost weight that day cause I walked/ran for almost 17 hours, and harldy ate anything. Also on tuesday, one of the coolest things I've seen here at work happen. I can't share too much info cause of patient confidentiallity... but basically this really tuff guy came in for an arm surgery.... he could not move his hand, fingers or thumb up at all. Then I watched the surgery where the surgeon with a microscopic needle sewed the guy's nerve back together. Then in post-op, as the guy was waking up the first thing he did was try to move his hand. He was completely amazed that he could move his fingers up(he, along with some of the staff... people who are lucky enough to get feeling back normally can't do it that fast, so he was lucky).... and he had the look of pure relief and joy. That was really really COOL to witness. He almost started to tear up!
Anyways, I get tomorrow off, and I am doing NOTHING but cleaning my house and watching TV (until we go play dodgeball with the Houghton's).
No comments:
Post a Comment