Friday, November 12, 2010

My knee

I got an infection in my knee. It's under control now but it was scary there for a minute. It started out looking like just a small pimple on my knee. Then it started to itch really bad. Then the redness started spreading and it started to hurt all over my knee. Then it started to hurt from my knee down!!! I showed it to an orthopaedic surgeon at work when it was small and he said it was probably an infection and that if it didn't get better quick that I needed to go see him. Well the next day I happen to run into him and he looked at it again. Without hesitation he kinda freaked and pulled out his prescription pad. He put me on some anti-biotics. My whole knee was swollen and red to about mid-calf. It hurt just to touch...(just ask KC, I learned that he touches my knee all the time) Well, luckily with the first antibiotic prescription it started to go down. Seriously tho, it was some of the worst pain i have ever felt.. A nurse that I work with worked on it for a little the other day... squezing it to get the infection out. Tons of crap and blood came out... NASTY. I think what it is is cellulitis. I still have it and I'm going to be on antibiotics for the next few days, but the pain is going away so that is good. My my knee is only a little swollen and the redness is going away :). I would post a picture, but 1- I didn't take any and 2- that's gross.

No comments:

Post a Comment