Casey and I have a LOT to be thankful for this thanksgiving season!! We are both heathly, we live in a home that we LOVE and we both have great families!! Not bad!
So my first story happened Thanksgiving day. I have been planning for a while now to wake up early on black friday to get a Dyson vacumn. I have been wanting one for some time now... and it was finally time! So Casey has known for a few weeks that I was planning on being at target at 4am to get one. We were all sitting around the dinner table when I was telling the family this and Casey and of nowhere told me that I wasn't allowed to go the next morning. I looked at him very confused... and he told me again not go to. Then, with everyone starring at us he broke down and told me that he worked out with a lady that Jody (his mom) works with whose husband works at sears and gets in early on black friday... that they would get me a dyson. Casey was planning on surprising me with it on my birthday. It was the same vacumn, only cheaper.
Anyways, the next morning when we knew the lady was able to get one for us, I was THRILLED that I got a dyson and I didn't even have to get up early, and Casey and pretty much just as THRILLED that he was able to find a better deal than me :)

On to the next recent story....
So Casey and I had both been in the kitchen for most of the night... this was just last night, Sunday. We had been eating dinner, doing dishes, doing laundry and making muffins. Well about 5 minutes after I went in the bedroom to put the laundry away and Casey went into the very opposite side of the condo where the TV is to put his X-Box back together, we hear a HUGE crash. One of the scariest noises ever. I run into the front room and the chandelier has fallen. Glass EVERYWHERE. In the kitchen sink, in the couch, even on the walls. There is a kid that lives above us that jumps from the couch to the floor ALL THE TIME. It's super annoying, really. Casey and I both feel very fortunate that we weren't in the kitchen and neither of us got hurt. Anyways, the Dyson couldn't have come at a better time!
To end the post, I'd like to let everyone know that Casey got a job offer today!!! He is happy with his job at Heritage, but has been wanting a change for a little while. Working with those kinds of kids everyday can really weight on ya. Anyways, there was a landscaping job that opened up at the hospital that I work at and since Casey has worked landscaping before and LOVED it... we thought it might be the perfect opportunity for him. Can I just say how proud of my husband I am? IHC is a wonderful company to work for and there are SO SO SO many people who apply for jobs here. My boss told me not too long ago that jobs here (at least lately because of the economoy) normally get at least 80 applicants. I mean, you are lucky if you even get an interview. Even at that IHC tries to hire in-house. So for my cute hubby to even get an interview was fantastic... let alone the job!! This means that Casey and I will be able to have lunch together everyday, see each other more often, and there is a lot of room to move up for him here.
Like I said, Casey and I have a lot to be thankful for :)
Oh- and I just found a piece of glass in my shoe.
No comments:
Post a Comment