Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Man Weekend- No Casey

So Casey had his annual "Man Trip" this past weekend and the boys went to St. George. They have a blast and Casey looks forward to that trip every year. I try to fill the weekend with lots to do so I don't miss him so much. It turned out to be a pretty fun weekend for me too :)

On thursday night right after Casey left, I left for American Fork to go to dinner with the Houghton ladies and Calvin. My father-in-law treats us every year to a dinner out for mother's day. We went to the Blue Lemon this year and had a great time. Thanks again Cal!

Then on friday night I headed up to Salt Lake with Hayley. We went to this:




I was so proud of my friend, Hayley! She did all the design work and logos for the entire event. There were hundreds of people there holding a pamplet that Hayley had designed through her internship at Salt Lake magazine. Way to go!

At The New Yorker

 So to explain the event a little bit, there was a pavillion with a bunch of different restaurants serving a sample of thier food. We got to try a lot of yummy stuff! Then you could also go to a list of other restaurants and try your sample there. By the time we got through the pavillion we were pretty tired and only made it to about half the restaurants. We went to Ruth Chris, Market Street Grill, and The New Yorker. We had a blast!


For my new job at the Utah Valley Healthcare Foundation we help put on a bunch of events each year. Saturday morning was Running with Angels. Even though it was SUPER sad... running with angels is a race to help support those who have lost little ones.. I had a really great time.

                                                                Sandra, Megan and I

Saturday afternoon I had plans to spend time at the pool and have lunch with Anna and Veronica that kind of fell through. I have been wanting and meaning to spend some time with Matthew since he got home from his mission so it kinda worked out better that I got to spend the rest of the weekend up at my parents. We went to Tyler's soccer game, out to eat and watched a few movies. Nice and relaxing :)


My car leaks oil if I get going too fast so I basically can't drive it on the freeway. This made getting to and from my parent's house in South Jordan somewhat challenging. It took me over an hour to get home... but at least some of the drive was really pretty!


When Casey got home on Sunday, I was thrilled to see him! I had a really hard pregnancy day (super sick ALL DAY) but being with my cute hubby seemed with make me feel at least a little better. On the trip they did an "olympics" kind of thing where they played golf, bowling, tennis, basketball... who knows what else. Casey and Ryan ended up winning the olympics so Casey was pretty happy too!

1 comment: